- Saturation – buildings, people, shopping, cars, taxis , buses,
- Diversity – food establishments, shops, food markets, people, buildings
- Construction everywhere everywhere everywhere
- Vibrance, constant motion
Took my camera for a walk again today. I got one shot that i think really is very descriptive of Hong Kong.
Image includes the paintings in an upscale art gallery with reflections of a hong kong taxi, a person walking fast, a bus, and buildings in the background – all of these are very hong kong. Plus the art work depicts chinese women.
Parts of Hong Kong central are wild around Halloween. Lan Kwai Fong is a street which is very accustomed to costumes and the scene at Halloween is beyond crazy. I would love to be able to get some shots that would really show the character of the is street this weekend but i am sceptical i will be able to accomplish that. The street is just too crowded to take photos if you are part of it.
Thoughts on what to include as a description of my neighbourhood.
Firstly, the neighbourhood is loosely designated as mid-levels, central hong kong.
This area, as with much of Hong Kong, is full of dichotomies, roadside vendors vs designer shops, open air markets vs office buildings, outdoor food vendors vs sophisticated restaurants.
It is a city in flux. Construction is everywhere.
Images i would like to capture:
- concrete jungle
- hard working cleaning people – usually smiling
- construction – include bamboo
- crowds of people crossing the street
- zoo and botanical gardens
- fashion – billboard at Peder and Queen st.